Zwift is an online cycling and running program that makes training indoors more social, dynamic, and fun. Since the platform was launched in 2014, the Northampton Cycling Club has been active on Zwift.
During the winter season (October through March), the NCC offers activities throughout the week on Zwift.
Here is the NCC Zwift schedule:
- Tuesday Night Hill Climb/Time Trial Series (All Day and 6:00 PM): The goal of the HC/TT is for participants to test themselves against the clock. Each week, participants can ride the route on their own (until 10 PM) or join the group ride version at 6:00 PM. For the time trials, TT bikes are required. For hill climbs, we will allow any bike and power ups. Times are reported based on Strava segments. Each week, riders earn points based on their finish position, and an overall winner is crowned at the end of the series.
- Wednesday Night Social Ride (8:00 PM): This 60-minute social ride covers a different Zwift route each week.
- Thursday Night Race Series (start times vary between 5:00 PM and 7:00 PM): Each week an official Zwift race is selected that has multiple divisions (A, B, C, and D). Riders race in their appropriate division. NCC scoring is based on how well NCC riders place relative to the other riders in their race.
- Saturday Morning Social Ride (9:00 AM): The Saturday morning social ride typically lasts 90 to 150 minutes. Each week, we mix up the routes. These rides are held during cold and inclement weather.
Although Zwift offers ingame text chat, the NCC has a Discord server for audio/video chats during the rides. Discord is optional, but our members enjoy the conversations.
The NCC is one of the few clubs in the world to have a custom jersey in Zwift! To wear our jersey, when riding in Zwift, press “p” on your keyboard and enter: NCCMAKIT.
Are you into racing or participating in events on Zwift? Please join the NCC team on ZwiftPower.
For complete details, information about how to change to a TT bike, etc., please refer to the NCC Zwift Guide.
To see past series results for the Hill Climb/TT Series and Race Series, please visit the NCC Zwift Competition Results page.
If you want to join the NCC on Zwift, you will need a few things to get started:
- REQUIRED – An account at Zwift.com. A trial period (based on km ridden or time) is available.
- REQUIRED – A computer (Mac or PC) with a decent graphics card, an Apple i-Device, or an Android device.
- REQUIRED – A stable Internet connection.
- REQUIRED – A bicycle or smart trainer.
- REQUIRED – A stationary trainer. For those new to this, a trainer is a device that either connects to your chain (where your real wheel usually is) or presses up against your rear tire to provide resistance as you pedal. Both smart trainers and classic trainers are supported; however, with a classic trainer you must have a speed sensor. Please read this article regarding supported configurations.
- OPTIONAL – A power meter.
- OPTIONAL – A heart rate monitor.
- OPTIONAL – A smart device with the Zwift Companion and Discord apps loaded.
Helpful Zwift Links:
- Zwift Course Schedule
- Zwift Route Information and Maps
- Complete Master List of All Zwift Routes
- Verified Zwift Strava Routes
- XP, Levels, and Unlocks
- Power Ups
- Using Discord
- Zwift Meetups
- Linking Zwift and Strava
- Zwift Companion App Information
- How Does Zwift Calculate My Speed
- Why Your Garmin Speed and Distance Don’t Match Zwift
- How Zwift’s “Drops” Currency Works
- ZwiftHub (track your route achievement progress)
See you on the virtual road!