We’re working on a new fall schedule for this series to coincide with cyclocross season and cooler temperatures. Please check back in late July for an official announcement of the fall dates. Throughout the summer, we offer weekly youth mountain biking rides.
Instead of running the youth cycling series at Look Park this fall, the NCC is partnering with the race directors of the River Valley Cyclocross race series to offer free kids races at actual cyclocross races. The kids races are on a separate course, they’re still free, and, as always, they’re a ton of fun! In total, there are 7 different races your kids could participate in this fall. Pre-registration is recommended, but you can also just show up an hour before on the day of, sign the waiver, and ride! The kids race is for 3-10 year olds. A racing license is not required. Come for the kids races and stay to watch some racing on the big course. It’s a lot of fun! I promise.
- Race #1 Sunday 8/27/2023 Blunt Park CX Springfield, MA
- Race #2 Sunday 9/3/2023 NCC Hydra Cross Holyoke, MA
- Race #3 Saturday 9/23/2023 Kilowatt Cross Northfield, MA
- Race #4 Saturday 10/21/2023 UMass Ghosts CX Amherst, MA
- Race #5 Saturday 11/4/2023 Treehouse CX South Deerfield, MA (New England Regional CX Championships)
- Races #6 and 7: Saturday & Sunday 11/11 – 11/12 Northampton International Cyclocross Northampton, MA
Questions? Want to help out? Please feel free to email the NCC Youth Programs Coordinator, Tom Hoogendyk.