Links to Emergency Pages:
Guidelines for Ride Leaders
- Bookmark this page so that you have quick access to the Emergency Guidelines
- Post the ride on the Link My Ride app – provide meeting time and place, leader contact, speed/skill level, route and duration, cancellation, & description details.
- Make weather calls. Contact the Ride Leader Coordinators to cancel a ride.
- Carry a cell phone
- Show up before the start time
- Introduce yourself as the leader of the ride
- Welcome new folks and make them feel comfortable
- Go over route
- Go over speed, pace expectations
- Go over rules of the ride and the road
- Bookmark the waiver form and make sure everyone who is not a member fills it out before riding. It is mobile device friendly.
- Keep the group together – be on the look out for stragglers and technical issues but do not feel responsible for fixing flats — riders should be self sufficient
- Optional: know where fix stations are
- Optional: Write a ride report (or ask someone else to) and post it to the forum