Volunteer- Help Us Continue to be the Best Club!
The NCC is a 100% volunteer run organization. The board of directors, including the president, receive zero compensation for their work. But NCC is run by more than just the board of directors. We also rely on individuals to help us with our major events we sponsor or run throughout the cycling season, as well as weekly group rides. Please consider donating some of your time to assist us with producing quality and safe events. An awesome club is made up of awesome members- that is you!
Some (but not all!) recurring volunteer opportunities are listed below. Please note that if there is a volunteer sign-up list linked, it may not be active and available until closer to the event start date. If you have any questions, please e-mail them to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Massochistah Gravel Ride – volunteers are needed to assist at rest stops, course marking & venue setup/take down. Sign up sheet here.
- Group Rides – responsible and well organized volunteers are always welcome to plan and lead group rides. We do require a short training session before you lead your first group.
- Our Youth Cycling programs (Cyclo-Cross and Grass Races) are always expanding – and in need of help to set up and take down the courses weekly. Please contact our Youth Programs Coordinator, Tom Hoogendyk (email@example.com) directly for more information.
- Our Pro/Amateur Road Race Tour of the Hilltowns is the event that requires the most volunteers, primarily keep race participants safe on the road. Sign up sheet here.
- The Mount Greylock Hillclimb Time Trial is a fun day where you can get to the highest spot in Massachusetts, and end with a great dinner and beverage. Sign up sheet here.
- BikeFest is our major fundraiser and family event taking place at Look Park each fall. We need many hands to ensure a fun, safe & smooth experience for the 800+ participants that come from as far away as California! Sign up sheet here.