The Zoom Twilight Crits brings training races back to the Valley!
Prizes by: Tito’s Taqueria!
When/Register: Wednesday in June.
- WEEK 1: Wednesday, June 7, 2023
- WEEK 2: Wednesday, June 14, 2023
- WEEK 3: Wednesday, June 21, 2023
- WEEK 4: Wednesday, June 28, 2023
Location: 400 Venture Way, Hadley, MA 01035 (look for signage off of N Maple Street for University Business Park)
- B race: Men’s & Women’s Category 4 & Novice.
- The first 5 laps are controlled at 20-22 MPH and led by a member of JAM. Afterwards, that rider will ride behind the field at a steady 20-22 MPH.
- A race: Men’s & Women’s Category 1-4
- The course is a broad 0.5 mi loop within the Venture Way Center complex. Long and tight turns and a slight kicker, before ending on a quick straight-away.
- 5:15 PM, Registration opens
- 5:30 PM, Junior/Beginner Clinic*
- 6:00 PM, B race starts
- 6:50 PM, A race starts
*Junior/Beginner Clinic will take place on June 14th and the 28th
- On June 14th and the 28th, we will hold a short 30 min racing clinic. New junior or beginner racers will be able to ride with an experienced racer who will run through the techniques and tactics of racing in a group. Afterwards racers are encouraged to roll into the B race and experience racing in a group.
Help us make this event happen!
- All racers must have a USA Cycling license (or One-Day)
- One-day licenses will be available at the event for Novice USAC categories =$15. Other USAC categories (Cat1-4 =$35) will have to purchase a one-day license through either the USAC app or website.
- Novice One-day licenses available as add on in BikeReg
Cancellations: Races may be canceled in the event of lightning. We will make the call at 3:00pm on the day of the event.
Parking & Registration: Parking at the first (top) lot at 400 Venture Way (parking on the outside of the course). Race marshals will be at the parking entrance to guide. No parking in any of the other industrial park businesses. After your race make sure to pick up any trash you have left behind. Registration is in front of the 400 Venture way building on the opposite side of the race course from the parking lot (next to Officials table).
Warmups: If you are doing warmup laps prior to the B race, please be aware that these are private roads and some cars may still be present on the course (though all cars should be cleared from course, and employees on property notified of the race). UMass and Pearson have both been great in working with us, and we hope that everyone will make sure to respect this private property so we can come back in the future. A racers may participate in warm up laps after the last riders clears in the B race.
- There will be primes in both races at race organizer’s discretion (Warner Farm produce primes)
- We will have only one race official for this training race. They are going to try their best to score deep enough for points in both races. Understand that we are fairly sure we can get good results, but this will be a bonus for a training race so bear with us, and let us know if you have any questions.
- Prizes are 3 deep! Tito’s Taqueria gift card (for 1st) / Public Prize Pool (suggested $1-5) at reg for final payouts. The break down will be 1st=45% of pot, 2nd=30%, and 3rd 25%.
Photos from Past Zoom Twilight Crits: