Competitive athletes racing for the NCC can qualify for lucrative NCC dollars. You ride, you race, you win! Below are the details and application process.
Race Participation Points (Based on events in each calendar year from January 1 – December 31):
- 1 point – Relay leg in a Triathlon/Duathlon, Time Trial, Training Race.
- 2 points – Crit, Road Race (<25 miles), Cross Race,, Hill Climb, Duathlon, Brevet, Randonee 3 Triathlon, Road Race (>25 miles), Mountain Bike Race
- 5 points – Half IronMan Distance Triathlon, Multi-Day Stage Race, Ultracyling Races (12 hours+)
- 8 points – Full Iron Man
Bonus Awards: $100 cash bonus for each of the following
(racer must qualify as described below):
- Total Point Leader
- Cross Point Leader
- Triathlon/Multisport Point Leader
- Road Point Leader
- Mountain Bike Points Leader
(Points count 1.5 x value for Jr. Racers 18 or under on Dec. 31).
All events must be officially sanctioned. You must complete event to receive full points. DNF = ½ points. DNS = zero points. NCC reserves the right to make final decisions on points and event eligibility.
Double Point Events:
- NCC Turner’s Falls Training Race Series
- Tour of the Hilltowns
- Verge Cycle-Smart International Cyclocross Race
- Greenfield Triathlon (sprint and international individual)
- NCC Mt. Greylock Hill Climb
- USA Cycling Nationals Finals Races
- Triathlon Nationals
- Any World Championship
Quad Point Events:
To be Eligible for Awards:
- You must volunteer in at least one club event, provide a volunteer, serve on a committee, or sponsor the club.
- You must accrue 15 or more points during the awards year.
- You must be a member in good standing (dues paid).
- You must have purchased a current year team jersey or tri top, and competed in a race in current uniform.
- You must submit your points form by January 23rd after your racing year (Once awards are dispersed, they are gone).
- Board reserves the right to cancel or change the program at any time. Rewards subject to budgetary availability. Award amounts may be rounded up or down.
Max. reimbursement $600/individual/year + applicable bonuses.
Racers may apply for awards even if they have received a grant or assistance from another source.
Please Fill Out The On-Line Form below. No postal mail applications will be accepted (we strive to be a green club!)