For the second week in a row, we raced in the darkness of Neokyo, this time doing three laps of the Twilight Harbor course. Zinj and I lined up in the B field, while Melissa (“recovering” from Covid) raced with the C group. Joe was in the C group as well, and Jeremy was in the D race, but they weren’t on Discord, and so weren’t able to enjoy all our witty banter and heavy breathing during the race.
The course looks easy on paper, flat as a pancake, but the B group was pushing super-hard, and Zinj and I were both working hard just to stay near the front. The elastic snapped on the third lap, as a front group of about 20 got away, leaving us stranded in the chase group a few seconds back. I stood up and burned a powerup along with a few matches, and managed to bridge back up to the front, but I had nothing left at the end and finished at the back of the group in the sprint.
I’m not sure how Joe’s race went, but he had a great finishing position in the C race, and takes the win tonight. Jeremy just missed a top-half finish in the D’s, and ends up in second place.
Results from tonight’s race:
- Joe Laviolette (C) – 14 of 38 = 65.8 points
- Jeremy Coleman (D) – 8 of 14 = 50.0 points
- Jonathan O’Keeffe (B) – 18 of 33 = 48.5 points
- Melissa Warwick (C) – 29 of 38 = 34.2 points
- Zinj Guo (B) – 27 of 33 = 21.2 points
Overall season standings after Week 7:
- Jonathan O’Keeffe (7 races) – 543.1 points
- Melissa Warwick (5 races) – 333.8 points
- Zinj Guo (3 races) – 114.1 points
- Jamie Pair (1 race) – 84.0 points
- Jeremy Coleman (2 races) – 80.8 points
- Tim Downey (1 race) – 73.5 points
- Joe Laviolette (1 race) – 65.8 points
- Michael Bello (1 race) – 59.1 points
- Casey Gibson (1 race) – 40.6 points
Here is the NCC Zwift schedule:
- Tuesday 6:00 PM – Time Trial / Hill Climb
- Wednesday 8:00 PM – Social Ride
- Thursday Evenings – Road Race (times will vary between 5 PM and 7 PM EST)
- Sat 9:00 AM – Social Ride
To learn more about the NCC and Zwift rides, please visit our Zwift page.