Tonight’s race took us to the twilight streets of Neokyo, for a two-lap race of the Sleepless City circuit. The four of us were spread across three fields, with myself in the B race, Melissa and Michael in the C’s, and Jeremy racing in the D group.
The Sleepless City lap is flat and fast, and my field was pushing hard all the way through the first lap. We had about 30 starters, and dropped a few pretty quickly, but most of the group stayed together, chasing down a couple of attacks off the front. The pace slowed down a bit in the second lap, before ramping up at the end to finish in a field sprint. Melissa and Michael’s race description sounded similar, with the addition of a sandbagging rider pushing six watts off the front. The field ignored him and he was apparently DQed, and finished in a bunch sprint, with Melissa taking seventh overall and the top female finisher. Michael finished just behind in tenth, and Jeremy also scored a tenth-position finish, putting all of the NCC riders in the top ten in their fields. Nice work everyone!
Week 6 Results:
- Melissa Warwick (B) – 7 of 22 = 94.5 points
- Jonathan O’Keeffe (B) – 10 of 25 = 64.0 points
- Michael Bello (C) – 10 of 22 = 59.1 points
- Jeremy Coleman (D) – 10 of 13 = 30.8 points
Overall Series Standings after Week 6:
- Jonathan O’Keeffe (6 races) – 494.7 points
- Melissa Warwick (4 races) – 299.6 points
- Zinj Guo (2 races) – 92.9 points
- Jamie Pair (1 race) – 84.0 points
- Tim Downey (1 race) – 73.5 points
- Michael Bello (1 race) – 59.1 points
- Casey Gibson (1 race) – 40.6 points
- Jeremy Coleman (1 race) – 30.8 points
Here is the NCC Zwift schedule:
- Tuesday 6:00 PM – Time Trial / Hill Climb
- Wednesday 8:00 PM – Social Ride
- Thursday Evenings – Road Race (times will vary between 5 PM and 7 PM EST)
- Sat 9:00 AM – Social Ride
To learn more about the NCC and Zwift rides, please visit our Zwift page.