For the sixth week of the NCC Zwift Hill Climb/Time Trial Series, we visited Central Park.
This week, our challenge was the Park Perimeter Loop. This 6.1 mile loop includes 413 feet of climbing.
We had a small crowd today. Zinj was less than excited that Andy was out of town and that he had the opportunity surpass his rival.
Jonathan sped around the park and took the top podium position. Zinj finished second, 38 seconds back.
Steve seemed very confident he would take third. I informed him that my workout today was not base training, but hard intervals, so he would still need to try. I really should have stayed quiet. He beat me by a 1 minute and 40 seconds, but that was the closest I’ve finished in a while.
Here are today’s results:
1. O’Keeffe, Jonathan; Time: 0:14:39; 24.9 mph; 4 points
2. Guo, Zinj; Time: 0:15:17; 23.8 mph; 3 points
3. Wysk, Steve; Time: 0:16:53; 21.6 mph; 2 points
4. Bello, Michael; Time: 0:18:33; 19.6 mph; 1 points
Here are the series standings:
1. O’Keeffe, Jonathan; Event(s) 6; Points: 29
2. Guo, Zinj; Event(s) 5; Points: 23
3. MacDonald, Andy; Event(s) 4; Points: 21
4. Warwick, Melissa; Event(s) 3; Points: 12
5. Downey, Tim; Event(s) 3; Points: 10
6. Yarosh, Scott; Event(s) 1; Points: 8
6. Wheaton, Henry; Event(s) 4; Points: 8
8. Bello, Michael; Event(s) 6; Points: 6
9. Wysk, Steve; Event(s) 2; Points: 4
10. van den Broek, Henry; Event(s) 1; Points: 3
Next week, we will climb Leith Hill in London.
Participants in the Hill Climb/TT series may ride any time during the day or participate in the group ride version at 6:00 PM. Please visit the NCC Zwift page for the series rules.
Here is the NCC Zwift schedule:
- Tuesday 6:00 PM – Time Trial / Hill Climb
- Wednesday 8:00 PM – Social Ride
- Thursday Evenings – Road Race (times will vary between 5 PM and 7 PM EST)
- Sat 9:00 AM – Social Ride
To learn more about the NCC and Zwift rides, please visit our Zwift page.