For the third week of the NCC Zwift Hill Climb/Time Trial Series, we rode in Austria.
The challenge for the day was the Innsbruck KOM. The climb is 4.61 miles with an average gradient of 5% (1,311 feet of climbing).
We had a small group this evening. With Andy away this week, Zinj had an opportunity to earn back valuable points, but the smaller number of participants foiled Zinj’s plan. Zinj narrowly took the top spot on the podium by 0.7 seconds over Jonathan. Tim completed the podium.
Last week, Jonathan and Andy were tied atop the series standing. Jonathan moves into the series lead.
Here are today’s results:
1. Guo, Zinj; Time: 0:23:42; 11.7 mph; 5 points
2. O’Keeffe, Jonathan; Time: 0:23:43; 11.7 mph; 4 points
3. Downey, Tim; Time: 0:26:36; 10.4 mph; 3 points
4. Wheaton, Henry; Time: 0:33:19; 8.3 mph; 2 points
5. Bello, Michael; Time: 0:40:24; 6.9 mph; 1 points
Here are the series standings:
1. O’Keeffe, Jonathan; Event(s) 3; Points: 16
2. MacDonald, Andy; Event(s) 2; Points: 12
3. Guo, Zinj; Event(s) 2; Points: 10
3. Downey, Tim; Event(s) 3; Points: 10
5. Yarosh, Scott; Event(s) 1; Points: 8
6. Wheaton, Henry; Event(s) 2; Points: 4
6. Warwick, Melissa; Event(s) 1; Points: 4
8. van den Broek, Henry; Event(s) 1; Points: 3
8. Bello, Michael; Event(s) 3; Points: 3
10. Wysk, Steve; Event(s) 1; Points: 2
Next week, we will do a two lap time trial of the Champs-Élysées in Paris.
Participants in the Hill Climb/TT series may ride any time during the day or participate in the group ride version at 6:00 PM. Please visit the NCC Zwift page for the series rules.
Here is the NCC Zwift schedule:
- Tuesday 6:00 PM – Time Trial / Hill Climb
- Wednesday 8:00 PM – Social Ride
- Thursday Evenings – Road Race (times will vary between 5 PM and 7 PM EST)
- Sat 9:00 AM – Social Ride
To learn more about the NCC and Zwift rides, please visit our Zwift page.