Our Week 7 race took us to Neokyo for Stage Four of the Makuri Islands. Charlie, Zinj, and Dusty made their first Thursday appearances of the season, joining Melissa and me (and about 90 other starters) for one lap of the Neon Flats course, nine miles and very flat.
The pace was pretty moderate most of the way through, punctuated by Dusty attacking hard on every sprint banner. He kept opening gaps and stringing out the field, but nothing ever got away. The five of us stayed in the lead group of about fifteen almost all the way through. Charlie slipped off near the end, leaving the rest of us to duke it out with the dozen or so remaining in the lead group. When the dust settled, we ended up grabbing the top four spots on the podium, easily the best NCC representation I’ve seen in the 200+ Zwift races I’ve done. Great work, folks!
Race video here.
Note that next Thursday seems to involve some sort of turkey holiday, so we’ll skip that week and resume our Thursday race series on December 1st.
Week Seven Results:
- Melissa Warwick (B) – 3 of 47 – 120.6 points
- Jonathan O’Keeffe (B) – 1 of 47 – 105.0 points
- Zinj Guo (B) – 2 of 47 – 102.8 points
- Dusty King (B) – 4 of 47 – 98.3 points
- Charlie Bailey (B) – 14 of 47 – 76.0 points
Season Standings after Week Seven:
- Jonathan O’Keeffe (7 races) – 522.3 points
- Melissa Warwick (6 races) – 332.1 points
- Michael Bello (4 races) – 234.2 points
- Zinj Guo (1 race) – 102.8 points
- Tim Downey (1 race) – 100.0 points
- Dusty King (1 race) – 98.3 points
- Isaac Hoeh (1 race) – 97.3 points
- Patrick Ryan (1 race) – 88.9 points
- Charlie Bailey (1 race) – 76.0 points