For the sixth week of the NCC Zwift Fall Hill Climb/Time Trial Series, we visited Central Park.
This week, our challenge was the Park Perimeter Loop. This 6.1 mile loop includes 413 feet of climbing.
After last week’s riding, I was ready to dominate the TT today. Then the weekend happened and after spending a beautiful Saturday in bed, I wasn’t able to ride. The group got lucky, since I know I would have won today.
Kevin rode solo this evening. For some reason, his segment did not register on Strava, but on Zwift the segment appeared. In the group ride, Jonathan and Zinj battled it out for the top spot. I will remind everyone that Zinj was planning to finish last today, since he had multiple rides to Brattleboro over the past few days. I’m sure that is the reason Jonathan was able to prevail by 0.2 seconds on Zwift. Using the Zwift segment to determine the top 3, Kevin won, Jonathan finished second, and Zinj rounded out the podium.
Henry III returned after three weeks off to take fourth place, with Melissa only 5 seconds back for fifth and complete our wide angle podium.
Congrats to Henry Wheaton, Melissa, Tim, and Steve on their PRs today.
Here are today’s results:
1. Weinman, Kevin; Time: 0:14:33; 25.1 mph; 9 points
2. O’Keeffe, Jonathan; Time: 0:14:35; 25 mph; 8 points
3. Guo, Zinj; Time: 0:14:35; 25 mph; 7 points
4. Wheaton, Henry; Time: 0:14:54*; 24.2 mph; 6 points
5. Warwick, Melissa; Time: 0:14:59*; 24.3 mph; 5 points
6. Weis, Henry; Time: 0:15:10; 24 mph; 4 points
7. Cote, Tim; Time: 0:15:30*; 23.5 mph; 3 points
8. MacDonald, Andy; Time: 0:15:55; 22.9 mph; 2 points
9. Wysk, Steve; Time: 0:16:29*; 22.1 mph; 1 points
Here are the series standings:
1. Guo, Zinj; Event(s) 6; Points: 47
2. O’Keeffe, Jonathan; Event(s) 6; Points: 46
3. Warwick, Melissa; Event(s) 6; Points: 36
4. Ryan, Patrick; Event(s) 4; Points: 29
5. Wheaton, Henry; Event(s) 5; Points: 27
6. Cote, Tim; Event(s) 6; Points: 26
7. Weinman, Kevin; Event(s) 3; Points: 22
8. MacDonald, Andy; Event(s) 5; Points: 20
9. Downey, Tim; Event(s) 2; Points: 13
10. van den Broek, Henry; Event(s) 2; Points: 11
10. King, Dusty; Event(s) 1; Points: 11
12. Bello, Michael; Event(s) 5; Points: 10
13. Weis, Henry; Event(s) 1; Points: 4
14. Wilson, Donna; Event(s) 1; Points: 3
15. Wysk, Steve; Event(s) 2; Points: 2
15. Tur, Peter; Event(s) 1; Points: 2
17. Peters, Kenneth; Event(s) 1; Points: 1
Next week, we will climb Leith Hill in London.
Participants in the Hill Climb/TT series may ride any time during the day or participate in the group ride version at 6:00 PM. Please visit the NCC Zwift page for the series rules.
Here is the NCC Zwift schedule:
- Tuesday 6:00 PM – Time Trial / Hill Climb
- Wednesday 8:00 PM – Social Ride
- Thursday Evenings – Road Race (times will vary between 5 PM and 7 PM EST)
- Sat 9:00 AM – Social Ride
Join the NCC Club on Zwift or select the link in the discussion board/calendar for invite-only rides.