For the third week of the NCC Zwift Fall Hill Climb/Time Trial Series, we rode in Austria.
The challenge for the day was the Innsbruck KOM. The climb is 4.61 miles with an average gradient of 5% (1,311 feet of climbing).
The majority of participants were at the 6 PM group ride version of the climb. Our winner, Patrick, decided to start at 7:30 AM. He set a PR to motivate the rest of us. I took the opposite approach and started very late (8:30 PM), and finished last. Perhaps I should have started at 7 AM!
Melissa was in charge of the group ride. That said, she had a “snafu” and had to restart the ride. We will be adding “Got hit with my daughter’s stomach bug in the middle of the HC” to the excuse list. She still finished fourth on the day.
Jonathan was nice enough to share a Zwift screenshot, which helped break the Strava tie between Tim C and Henry III. Tim got the higher place by 0.3 seconds.
Congrats to Patrick, Tim D, and Tim C on their PRs today.
Here are today’s results:
1. Ryan, Patrick; Time: 0:21:20*; 13 mph; 10 points
2. Guo, Zinj; Time: 0:22:29; 12.3 mph; 9 points
3. van den Broek, Henry; Time: 0:22:30; 12.3 mph; 8 points
4. Warwick, Melissa; Time: 0:22:52; 12.1 mph; 7 points
5. O’Keeffe, Jonathan; Time: 0:23:04; 12 mph; 6 points
6. Downey, Tim; Time: 0:23:06*; 12 mph; 5 points
7. Cote, Tim; Time: 0:23:25*; 11.8 mph; 4 points
8. Wheaton, Henry; Time: 0:23:25; 11.8 mph; 3 points
9. MacDonald, Andy; Time: 0:25:41; 10.8 mph; 2 points
10. Bello, Michael; Time: 0:29:38; 9.3 mph; 1 points
Here are the series standings:
1. Ryan, Patrick; Event(s) 3; Points: 28
2. Guo, Zinj; Event(s) 3; Points: 23
3. O’Keeffe, Jonathan; Event(s) 3; Points: 21
4. Warwick, Melissa; Event(s) 3; Points: 20
5. Downey, Tim; Event(s) 2; Points: 13
6. Cote, Tim; Event(s) 3; Points: 12
7. Wheaton, Henry; Event(s) 2; Points: 10
8. van den Broek, Henry; Event(s) 1; Points: 8
9. MacDonald, Andy; Event(s) 2; Points: 7
10. Bello, Michael; Event(s) 3; Points: 6
11. Wilson, Donna; Event(s) 1; Points: 3
12. Tur, Peter; Event(s) 1; Points: 2
13. Peters, Kenneth; Event(s) 1; Points: 1
Next week, we will do a two lap time trial of the Champs-Élysées in Paris.
Participants in the Hill Climb/TT series may ride any time during the day or participate in the group ride version at 6:00 PM. Please visit the NCC Zwift page for the series rules.
Here is the NCC Zwift schedule:
- Tuesday 6:00 PM – Time Trial / Hill Climb
- Wednesday 8:00 PM – Social Ride
- Thursday Evenings – Road Race (times will vary between 5 PM and 7 PM EST)
- Sat 9:00 AM – Social Ride
Join the NCC Club on Zwift or select the link in the discussion board/calendar for invite-only rides.
Check the NCC calendar for full details on all events. To learn more about the NCC and Zwift rides, please visit our Zwift page.