Our Zwift road race series doesn’t take us to New York very often, and after tonight’s race, I remember why. The constant rolling hills at ground level are bad enough, punctuated by the sharp ascent up Harlem Hill, but then the glass-road KOM in the middle of the Knickerbocker course is just icing on a pretty lousy cake.
Do I need to mention that I got dropped hard on the KOM?
All three of us racing tonight (Melissa, Michael, and I) finished near the back of our respective categories, and while I had the best finishing place, Melissa actually had the best finish, as she out-sprinted the two guys who were in her chase group. Michael also unleashed his signature never-ending sprint to pass a couple people at the line.
Next week I will be looking for a flatter course.
Week 2 Results
- Jonathan O’Keeffe (B) – 14 of 20 – 35.0 points
- Michael Bello (C) – 16 of 21 – 28.6 points
- Melissa Warwick (B) – 17 of 20 – 26.0 points
Overall Standings After Week 2
- Tim Downey (1 race) – 100.0 points
- Jonathan O’Keeffe (2 races) – 81.2 points
- Melissa Warwick (2 races) – 46.0 points
- Michael Bello (1 race) – 28.6 points