A week ago, I was camping and hiking in the snow and snowfields of the Cascades and was really happy that I had brought my long underwear, winter hat and gloves and my 3 season sleeping bag. Today, I felt like I was on the verge of heat stroke within the first few miles. It was about 90 degrees at the start and at the finish, JOK got a notification that he (we) shouldn’t have ridden due to the heat index. Even time in my hot tub (with the heat turned off so the temperature was a delicious 75 degrees) didn’t cool me down that much.
Small turnout today and tonight. No PRs but a great victory by Andy who seems fully recovered from last year’s crash. Madeline was “taking it easy” in preparation for a grueling Sea to Summit Tri this weekend but still managed a great time.
Here is a link to the series so far:
And finally, today’s results:
1. Andy MacDonald; Time: 32:57; 22.94 mph; 9 points
2. Jonathan O’Keeffe; Time: 34:02; 22.21 mph; 8 points
3. Melissa Warwick; Time: 35:20; 21.4 mph; 7 points
4. Zinj Guo; Time: 35:23; 21.37 mph; 6 points
5. Madeline Nagy; Time: 37:28; 20.18 mph; 5 points
6. Henry Wheaton; Time: 37:35; 20.12 mph; 4 points
7. David Goodwin; Time: 38:59; 19.39 mph; 3 points
8. Tim Pitkin; Time: 40:02; 18.88 mph; 2 points
9. Mark Dixon; Time: 41:53; 18.05 mph; 1 points
Next Tuesday is the Williamsburg to Chesterfield Route 143 Hill Climb starting from the Route 9 and 143 intersection in Williamsburg.