As Melissa and I were just gathering some serious speed on the descent after the hillclimb was over, right before we were about to hit the half mile of chip and seal road on the Westhampton side of the Westhampton/Chesterfield town line, she said that tonight’s hillclimb was beautiful. It was nearly perfect (except for the half mile of loose gravel in columns formed by car tires). Perfect weather, perfectly long daylight so that everyone should have gotten home before dark, perfect non-windy conditions, dry roads. Yes, perfect and beautiful indeed. We were missing a few regulars so I’m sorry you missed out.
Five PRs tonight – Nick (1:14), Ben (0:58), Melissa (0:35) and Schuyler and Patrick R.
One other sidenote here – Tim did the hillclimb with his backpack so that must have added some time!
As I announced at the start, I will be missing the next two Tuesdays. Jonathan and/or Melissa will be taking times for you. I’ll be mostly off the grid without my laptop so won’t be able to process the data. I’m hoping that JOK or Michael Bello can do this in my absence. If not, I’ll tend to the details when I return to civilization.
Here is a link to the series so far:
And finally, today’s results:
1. Nick Hight-Huf; Time: 23:22; 17.2 mph; 13 points
2. Patrick Sullivan; Time: 25:03; 16.05 mph; 12 points
3. Patrick Ryan; Time: 25:34; 15.72 mph; 11 points
4. Ben Winter; Time: 25:55; 15.51 mph; 10 points
5. Zinj Guo; Time: 26:18; 15.29 mph; 9 points
6. Schuyler Lockwood; Time: 26:20; 15.27 mph; 8 points
7. Sam Veggeberg; Time: 27:33; 14.59 mph; 7 points
8. Melissa Warwick; Time: 28:24; 14.15 mph; 6 points
9. David Goodwin; Time: 29:24; 13.67 mph; 5 points
10. Madeline Nagy; Time: 29:46; 13.51 mph; 4 points
11. Henry Wheaton; Time: 31:16; 12.86 mph; 3 points
12. Tim Cary; Time: 32:50; 12.24 mph; 2 points
13. Roger Stawasz; Time: 38:16; 10.51 mph; 1 points
Next Tuesday is the Long Time Trial, which starts and ends in Hatfield.