Based on the times I’m seeing (since I’m generally way off the back and don’t get to see too much of the real action taking place amongst the younger, faster, fitter set of riders), I think there were some pretty good battles brewing this evening. We had 5 PRs (including a downright stomping by Donna of besting her time by 4:36) that also included the two Patricks, Eric and Chris.
Schuyler’s time might come as a surprise, and as you might have guessed, he suffered from a jammed chain mid-race and still managed to almost catch me. He might have been tied up with this for 3 or 4 minutes. I offered a full redo but he declined.
On a personal side note, I’m sitting here tonight at my computer feeling like the Sultan of whatever and was just treated to a Scheherazade-esque retelling of the One Thousand and One Nights story by Cindy. Her hillclimb time was delicately wrapped up in so many other stories of green aliens, spinal drugs, high school science project heavy knee replacements, large blocks of inactivity, triumphant returns to the Tuesday night series, etc., etc., that I must admit that I never wanted it to end (sorry Cindy if I’m divulging too much personal stuff here). Maybe she will continue to do the TTs and HCs and continue to make this a totally fun task that I do every Tuesday night for 24 weeks each year.
Here is a link to the series so far:
And finally, today’s results:
1. Nick Hight-Huf; Time: 20:54; 16.94 mph; 20 points
2. Ben Jankowski; Time: 20:56; 16.91 mph; 19 points
3. Patrick Sullivan; Time: 21:06; 16.78 mph; 18 points
4. Cole Ellison; Time: 21:27; 16.5 mph; 17 points
5. Patrick Ryan; Time: 21:28; 16.49 mph; 16 points
6. Andy MacDonald; Time: 21:52; 16.19 mph; 15 points
7. Zinj Guo; Time: 22:08; 15.99 mph; 14 points
8. Ben Winter; Time: 22:10; 15.97 mph; 13 points
9. Jonathan O’Keeffe; Time: 24:17; 14.58 mph; 12 points
10. Melissa Warwick; Time: 24:41; 14.34 mph; 11 points
11. David Goodwin; Time: 25:18; 13.99 mph; 10 points
12. Madeline Nagy; Time: 25:30; 13.88 mph; 9 points
13. Schuyler Lockwood; Time: 25:34; 13.85 mph; 8 points
14. Chris Armen; Time: 25:55; 13.66 mph; 7 points
15. Eric Winkler; Time: 27:09; 13.04 mph; 6 points
16. Henry Wheaton; Time: 28:00; 12.64 mph; 5 points
17. Tim Cary; Time: 28:20; 12.49 mph; 4 points
18. Donna Wilson; Time: 29:07; 12.16 mph; 3 points
19. Roger Stawasz; Time: 29:46; 11.89 mph; 2 points
20. Cindy White; Time: 30:48; 11.49 mph; 1 points
Next Tuesday is the short time trial, which starts in Whately and ends in Hatfield.