The NCC field was a bit thin tonight, with the entire Henry Contingent missing in action, but we still fielded five riders in the B race, along with Kathryn making her first Zwift road race appearance in the C group.
The B race was fast, with lap times bumping up against my PRs even in the early laps. The attacks from Dusty and Patrick helped speed things up, but the gaps never got beyond a couple of seconds, and everything was back together by the time we got to the bell lap. The final time up the little mid-lap climb was brutal, I had to push 700+W just to hang onto the front, and the field was quite stretched out as we set up for the finish. I lucked out with a helmet power-up on the final lap. I deployed it in an early sprint and hung on to take third in-game, second on ZwiftPower. Zinj was a couple tenths of a second behind in fifth, and Dusty just missed a top-ten finish.
In the C race, Kathryn (the only woman in the race) hung with the leaders through the whole race and finished at the back of the field in her first race, but was still only about ten seconds off the winning time.
Results for Week Nine:
- Jonathan O’Keeffe (B) – 2 of 24 – 95.8 points
- Zinj Guo (B) – 5 of 24 – 83.3 points
- Dusty King (B) – 11 of 24 – 58.3 points
- Patrick Ryan (B) – 15 of 24 – 41.7 points
- Melissa Warwick (B) – 18 of 24 – 35.0 points
- Charlie Bailey (B) – 17 of 24 – 33.3 points
- Kathryn Kothe (C) – 9 of 9 – 13.3 points
Overall Series Standings After Week Nine:
- Jonathan O’Keeffe (9 races) – 828.3 points
- Dusty King (9 races) – 692.5 points
- Melissa Warwick (9 races) – 568.0 points
- Tim Downey (7 races) – 548.8 points
- Zinj Guo (6 races) – 492.2 points
- Patrick Ryan (7 races) – 416.7 points
- Henry Weis (5 races) – 405.9 points
- Henry van den Broek (5 races) – 354.5 points
- Charlie Bailey (7 races) – 304.9 points
- Michael Bello (5 races) – 298.2 points
- Jay Gump (2 races) – 197.0 points
- Jeb Clarke (1 race) – 90.9 points
- Jamie Pair (2 races) – 46.8 points
- Henry Wheaton (1 race) – 43.8 points
- Kathryn Kothe (1 race) – 13.3 points
- Lauren Cunniffe (1 race) – 9.6 points
Here is the NCC Zwift schedule:
- Tuesday 6:00 PM – Time Trial / Hill Climb (invite required)
- Wednesday 8:00 PM – Social Ride (invite required)
- Thursday Evenings – Road Race (times will vary between 5 PM and 7 PM EST)
- Sat 9:00 AM – Social Ride (invite required)
Join the NCC Club on Zwift or select the link in the discussion board/calendar for invite-only rides.
Check the NCC calendar for full details on all events. To learn more about the NCC and Zwift rides, please visit our Zwift page.