For the second week of the NCC Zwift Winter Hill Climb/Time Trial Series, we rode a time trial in Yorkshire.
The challenge for the day was the 2019 UCI Worlds Harrogate Circuit. The course is 8.58 miles with an average gradient of 0%. That said, there is still 787 feet of climbing throughout the course.
We had 13 riders for the group ride version of the time trial today. Many of us were riding in our basements, which were a bit cold tonight (8 degrees outside at the start). At the conclusion of the time trial, Zinj gave us a brief tour of his new pain cave. Zinj even completed the full ride tonight, which in 2021 was a rarity.
Dusty earned the victory today by 13 seconds over Jonathan. Patrick was a mere second behind Jonathan.
Today was the first NCC Zwift time trial for Keith, Lauren, and Mark. They put up great times for a very challenging time trial course with a lot of climbing.
After only two weeks, I can tell this is going to be a tight series. The top spot in the overall standings is currently a tie between Jonathan and Dusty. Andrew and Patrick are ready to take the top spots if the opportunity presents itself next week.
Congratulations to Dusty, Patrick, Henry W., Andrew, Tim, Melissa, Henry vdB, Mark, Lauren, and Keith on their PRs. I may start naming the individuals who do not get PRs since that would be a shorter list!
Here are today’s results:
1. King, Dusty; Time: 0:21:07*; 24.4 mph; 14 points
2. O’Keeffe, Jonathan; Time: 0:21:20; 24.1 mph; 13 points
3. Ryan, Patrick; Time: 0:21:21*; 24.1 mph; 12 points
4. Weis, Henry; Time: 0:21:34*; 23.9 mph; 11 points
5. Pazmany, Andrew; Time: 0:21:48*; 23.6 mph; 10 points
6. Guo, Zinj; Time: 0:22:24; 23 mph; 9 points
7. Downey, Tim; Time: 0:22:32*; 22.9 mph; 8 points
8. Warwick, Melissa; Time: 0:22:48*; 22.6 mph; 7 points
9. van den Broek, Henry; Time: 0:23:26*; 22 mph; 6 points
10. Bailey, Charlie; Time: 0:23:36; 21.8 mph; 5 points
11. Eckman, Mark; Time: 0:24:41*; 20.9 mph; 4 points
12. Cunniffe, Lauren; Time: 0:24:57*; 20.6 mph; 3 points
13. Bello, Michael; Time: 0:25:06; 20.5 mph; 2 points
14. Streeter, Keith; Time: 0:30:35*; 16.8 mph; 1 points
Here are the series standings:
1. O’Keeffe, Jonathan; Event(s) 2; Points: 26
1. King, Dusty; Event(s) 2; Points: 26
3. Pazmany, Andrew; Event(s) 2; Points: 24
4. Ryan, Patrick; Event(s) 2; Points: 23
5. Weis, Henry; Event(s) 2; Points: 21
6. Warwick, Melissa; Event(s) 2; Points: 16
6. Downey, Tim; Event(s) 2; Points: 16
8. van den Broek, Henry; Event(s) 2; Points: 13
9. Bailey, Charlie; Event(s) 2; Points: 11
10. Guo, Zinj; Event(s) 1; Points: 9
11. Page, Zachariah; Event(s) 1; Points: 5
11. Bello, Michael; Event(s) 2; Points: 5
13. Goodwin, David; Event(s) 1; Points: 4
13. Eckman, Mark; Event(s) 1; Points: 4
15. Cunniffe, Lauren; Event(s) 1; Points: 3
16. Kruase, Ashley; Event(s) 1; Points: 2
17. Tauscher, Julianne ; Event(s) 1; Points: 1
17. Streeter, Keith; Event(s) 1; Points: 1
Next week, we will do a hill climb up the Innsbruck KOM.
Participants in the Hill Climb/TT series may ride any time during the day or participate in the group ride version at 6:00 PM. Please visit the NCC Zwift page for the series rules.
Here is the NCC Zwift schedule:
- Tuesday 6:00 PM – Time Trial / Hill Climb (invite required)
- Wednesday 8:00 PM – Social Ride (invite required)
- Thursday Evenings – Road Race (times will vary between 5 PM and 7 PM EST)
- Sat 9:00 AM – Social Ride (invite required)
Join the NCC Club on Zwift or select the link in the discussion board/calendar for invite-only rides.
Check the NCC calendar for full details on all events. To learn more about the NCC and Zwift rides, please visit our Zwift page.