We opened our winter season with four laps in the molten lava of the Volcano Circuit in Watopia. We had a big NCC field of six riders in the B’s, along with Michael and Tim in the C field. The B race hung together pretty tightly all the way through, until an early break in the final sprint shattered the field. We were all slow to respond to this, and five riders got away clear, leaving the rest of us sprinting for minor placings. In the C group, it looked like Michael and Tim were contending with a similar early break, as they both sprinted for approximately forever, and both scored top-ten placements.
Week one results:
- Jonathan O’Keeffe (B) – 6 of 23 – 78.3 points
- Tim Downey (C) – 6 of 20 – 75.0 points
- Dusty King (B) – 8 of 23 – 69.6 points
- Michael Bello (C) – 9 of 20 – 60.0 points
- Henry van den Broek (B) – 14 of 23 – 43.5 points
- Melissa Warwick (B) – 17 of 23 – 38.0 points
- Charlie Bailey (B) – 19 of 23 – 21.7 points
- Patrick Ryan (B) – 22 of 23 – 8.7 points
Here is the NCC Zwift schedule:
- Tuesday 6:00 PM – Time Trial / Hill Climb (invite required)
- Wednesday 8:00 PM – Social Ride (invite required)
- Thursday Evenings – Road Race (times will vary between 5 PM and 7 PM EST)
- Sat 9:00 AM – Social Ride (invite required)
Join the NCC Club on Zwift or select the link in the discussion board/calendar for invite-only rides.
Check the NCC calendar for full details on all events. To learn more about the NCC and Zwift rides, please visit our Zwift page.