The NCC Zwift Winter Hill Climb/Time Trial Series commenced today.
The challenge for the day was Box Hill in London. This hill is 1.87 miles with an average gradient of 4% (446 feet of climbing).
We had 10 riders for the group ride today. We all stayed together for the ten mile warm-up to the climb. Henry vdB and I deviated from our typical warm up ride patterns and stayed with the group and even surged ahead at times. It was entertaining to have people questioning our tactics.
On the climb, many riders strategically drafted their fellow riders to attempt to eke out fast times. In fact, Jonathan, Dusty, Patrick, Henry, and Melissa were all within 8 seconds of one another.
We also had 4 solo riders. Ashley and Julianne started their rides before 6 AM this morning, which is impressive in its own right. Andrew was sneaky and rode about 30 minutes prior to the group ride. Many participants in the group ride will be surprised to learn that Jonathan did not get the top spot today!
Congratulations to Andrew, Patrick, Melissa, Tim, Henry vdB, Charlie, and Julianne on their Strava PRs today. Melissa impressively lowered her PR by close to 30 seconds!
Here are today’s results:
1. Pazmany, Andrew; Time: 0:07:14*; 15.5 mph; 14 points
2. O’Keeffe, Jonathan; Time: 0:07:19; 15.3 mph; 13 points
3. King, Dusty; Time: 0:07:21; 15.3 mph; 12 points
4. Ryan, Patrick; Time: 0:07:22*; 15.2 mph; 11 points
5. Weis, Henry; Time: 0:07:25; 15.1 mph; 10 points
6. Warwick, Melissa; Time: 0:07:27*; 15.1 mph; 9 points
7. Downey, Tim; Time: 0:07:47*; 14.4 mph; 8 points
8. van den Broek, Henry; Time: 0:07:49*; 14.4 mph; 7 points
9. Bailey, Charlie; Time: 0:07:57*; 14.1 mph; 6 points
10. Page, Zachariah; Time: 0:08:12; 13.7 mph; 5 points
11. Goodwin, David; Time: 0:08:29; 13.2 mph; 4 points
12. Bello, Michael; Time: 0:08:48; 12.8 mph; 3 points
13. Kruase, Ashley; Time: 0:10:22; 10.8 mph; 2 points
14. Tauscher, Julianne; Time: 0:11:49*; 9.5 mph; 1 points
Here are the series standings:
Place, Name, Events, Points
1. Pazmany, Andrew; Event(s) 1; Points: 14
2. O’Keeffe, Jonathan; Event(s) 1; Points: 13
3. King, Dusty; Event(s) 1; Points: 12
4. Ryan, Patrick; Event(s) 1; Points: 11
5. Weis, Henry; Event(s) 1; Points: 10
6. Warwick, Melissa; Event(s) 1; Points: 9
7. Downey, Tim; Event(s) 1; Points: 8
8. van den Broek, Henry; Event(s) 1; Points: 7
9. Bailey, Charlie; Event(s) 1; Points: 6
10. Page, Zachariah; Event(s) 1; Points: 5
11. Goodwin, David; Event(s) 1; Points: 4
12. Bello, Michael; Event(s) 1; Points: 3
13. Kruase, Ashley; Event(s) 1; Points: 2
14. Tauscher, Julianne ; Event(s) 1; Points: 1
Next week (Zwift Ride Link), we will do a time trial on the 2019 UCI Worlds Harrogate Circuit.
Participants in the Hill Climb/TT series may ride any time during the day or participate in the group ride version at 6:00 PM. Please visit the NCC Zwift page for the series rules.
Here is the NCC Zwift schedule:
- Tuesday 6:00 PM – Time Trial / Hill Climb (invite required)
- Wednesday 8:00 PM – Social Ride (invite required)
- Thursday Evenings – Road Race (times will vary between 5 PM and 7 PM EST)
- Sat 9:00 AM – Social Ride (invite required)
Join the NCC Club on Zwift or select the link in the discussion board/calendar for invite-only rides.
Check the NCC calendar for full details on all events. To learn more about the NCC and Zwift rides, please visit our Zwift page.