It was an interesting race tonight, a bunch of mini-races strung together into a twelve-minute whole. There was a short flat section at the start, followed by a short steep climb, followed by a steep descent, and before you knew it, you were sprinting for the finish line. The NCC crowd represented well, with everyone in the lead group for the first quarter of the race. As the course ramped upward on the rooftops, the lead group thinned out, but I was happy to see Dusty, Melissa, and Zinj hanging tough all the way through the climb.
Melissa usually gets spit out on the descents (she weighs about as much as three chickens, and has to push 4+ w/kg to hang on while descending), but tonight she lit it up and hung on to the lead group all the way through the descent. Dusty, Zinj, and I sprinted for top-ten placings, and Melissa finished at 13th, by far the top women’s finisher in the race, and grabbed the overall NCC win for the night. Meanwhile, Michael was riding strong in a chase group, and finished 32nd, which placed him second on the NCC podium with his Cat C bonus points. Dusty had a great night as well, winning the field sprint and taking second overall and third on the NCC podium.
Week nine results:
- Melissa Warwick (B) – 13 of 174 – 117.3 points
- Michael Bello (C) – 32 of 174 – 106.8 points
- Dusty King (B) – 2 of 174 – 104.4 points
- Jonathan O’Keeffe (B) – 5 of 174 – 102.6 points
- Zinj Guo (B) – 6 of 174 – 102.0 points
- Henry van den Broek (B) – 24 of 174 – 91.1 points
Overall standings after week nine:
- Jonathan O’Keeffe (9 races) – 755.6 points
- Michael Bello (8 races) – 521.7 points
- Zinj Guo (5 races) – 318.1 points
- Dusty King (2 races) – 208.5 points
- Melissa Warwick (4 races) – 163.3 points
- Tim Downey (1 race) – 120.3 points
- Henry van den Broek (1 race) – 91.1 points
- Charlie Bailey (4 races) – 80.0 points
- Patrick Ryan (1 race) – 53.8 points
Here is the NCC Zwift schedule:
- Tuesday 6:00 PM – Time Trial / Hill Climb (invite required)
- Wednesday 8:00 PM – Social Ride (invite required)
- Thursday Evenings – Road Race (times will vary between 5 PM and 7 PM EST)
- Sat 9:00 AM – Social Ride (invite required)
Join the NCC Club on Zwift or select the link in the discussion board/calendar for invite-only rides.
Check the NCC calendar for full details on all events. To learn more about the NCC and Zwift rides, please visit our Zwift page.