For the 10th week of the NCC Zwift Fall Hill Climb/Time Trial Series, we rode in Watopia.
This week, our challenge was four laps of the Volcano Circuit. In total, the four laps covered 10.2 miles with 224 feet of climbing.
To give a brief summary of the series rules, points are awarded based on the number of competitors and individuals’ overall placing. For example, if there are 19 riders, the person with the best time is awarded 19 points, second gets 18 points all the way down to the last rider, who gets 1 point. At the end of the Zwift series, the rider with the most points will be awarded the NCC Zwift Series title. For time trials, participants must use a time trial bike, which prevents drafting. For hill climbs, participants may choose any type of bike.
Participants may ride any time during the day or participate in the group ride version at 6:00 PM. In the group ride version, we typically warm up together before individually completing the time trial.
It was a close time trial throughout the results. Dusty took the win over Jonathan (+6 seconds) and Zinj (+21 seconds).
Extremely competitive Melissa held off Tim (+4 seconds) and Patrick (+7 seconds). Next week, we have double points on the line. The trio is very close in the overall standings, so this will be interesting.
This was Henry’s first time on a bike in two months. From our Discord conversation, we all thought he was feeding us a line and then would put up an incredible time. I caught up to him towards the end of the third lap and was really confused. My initial reaction was that he would go all out for the final lap. Henry was telling the truth and I got away from him in the final lap.
Congrats to Patrick on his PR this evening.
Next week, is the Fall finale. We traditionally ascend Alpe du Zwift. Let me know if anyone prefers climbing the much longer Mont Ventoux KOM.
Here are today’s results:
1. King, Dusty; Time: 0:23:15; Splits: 0:05:40|0:05:47|0:05:54|0:05:54; 26.1 mph; 8 points
2. O’Keeffe, Jonathan; Time: 0:23:21; Splits: 0:05:43|0:05:54|0:05:53|0:05:51; 26 mph; 7 points
3. Guo, Zinj; Time: 0:23:36; Splits: 0:05:46|0:05:55|0:05:59|0:05:56; 25.7 mph; 6 points
4. Warwick, Melissa; Time: 0:24:07; Splits: 0:05:56|0:06:02|0:06:06|0:06:03; 25.2 mph; 5 points
5. Downey, Tim; Time: 0:24:11; Splits: 0:06:01|0:06:03|0:06:04|0:06:03; 25.1 mph; 4 points
6. Ryan, Patrick; Time: 0:24:14; Splits: 0:05:52*|0:06:07|0:06:18|0:05:57; 25.1 mph; 3 points
7. Bello, Michael; Time: 0:25:52; Splits: 0:06:11|0:06:28|0:06:42|0:06:31; 23.5 mph; 2 points
8. Weis, Henry; Time: 0:27:17; Splits: 0:06:03|0:06:46|0:06:54|0:07:34; 22.3 mph; 1 points
Here are the series standings:
1. O’Keeffe, Jonathan; Event(s) 10; Points: 75
2. Guo, ZInj; Event(s) 9; Points: 63
3. Ryan, Patrick; Event(s) 9; Points: 50
4. Warwick, Melissa; Event(s) 10; Points: 49
5. Downey, Tim; Event(s) 10; Points: 46
6. Bello, Michael; Event(s) 10; Points: 23
7. Bailey, Charlie; Event(s) 5; Points: 17
8. van den Broek, Henry; Event(s) 3; Points: 16
9. MacDonald, Andy; Event(s) 6; Points: 12.5
10. King, Dusty; Event(s) 1; Points: 8
11. Daube-Valois, Ari; Event(s) 2; Points: 5
12. Gaydamovich Grzelazka, Iggy; Event(s) 4; Points: 4
13. Coleman, Jeremy; Event(s) 1; Points: 2
14. Weis, Henry; Event(s) 1; Points: 1
14. Bilodeau, Megan; Event(s) 1; Points: 1
Here is the NCC Zwift schedule:
- Tuesday 6:00 PM – Time Trial / Hill Climb (invite required)
- Wednesday 8:00 PM – Social Ride (invite required)
- Thursday Evenings – Road Race (times will vary between 5 PM and 7 PM EST)
- Sat 9:00 AM – Social Ride (invite required)
Join the NCC Club on Zwift or select the link in the discussion board/calendar for invite-only rides.
Check the NCC calendar for full details on all events. To learn more about the NCC and Zwift rides, please visit our Zwift page.