We mixed things up a bit this week by racing in the Zwift “Badge Hunter” series in the new Neokyo world, on the flat and fast 5.9 mile “Sleepless City” circuit. These races are mass-start events, with everyone racing in the same category, so we award point bonuses based on rider categories — no bonus for A riders, 5% for the B riders, 30% for the C’s, and 50% for D riders.
The race started off quickly with a group of about 15 on the front, with almost all of the NCC riders in the front group. Michael held on for about a mile and then dropped off to join Tim in one of the chase groups, while Dusty, Zinj, and I hung with the leaders. The pace slowed down a bit in the second half, but then picked up again with some early attacks in the final mile. When the dust settled, we ended up with an NCC podium sweep!
However, despite the podium sweep, the overall winner tonight is Tim, who managed to finish in the top ten, and scored that sweet 30% Cat C bonus, taking home a total of 120.3 points. Great work Tim!
Week eight results:
- Tim Downey (C) – 10 of 120 – 120.3 points
- Jonathan O’Keeffe (B) – 1 of 120 – 105.0 points
- Dusty King (B) – 2 of 120 – 104.1 points
- Zinj Guo (B) – 3 of 120 – 103.3 points
- Michael Bello (C) – 30 of 120 – 98.6 points
Overall standings after week eight:
- Jonathan O’Keeffe (8 races) – 653.0 points
- Michael Bello (7 races) – 414.9 points
- Zinj Guo (4 races) – 216.2 points
- Tim Downey (1 race) – 120.3 points
- Dusty King (1 race) – 104.1 points
- Charlie Bailey (4 races) – 80.0 points
- Patrick Ryan (1 race) – 53.8 points
- Melissa Warwick (3 races) – 45.9 points
Here is the weekly NCC Zwift schedule:
- Tuesday 6:00 PM – Time Trial / Hill Climb (invite required)
- Wednesday 8:00 PM – Social Ride (invite required)
- Thursday Evenings – Road Race (times will vary between 5 PM and 7 PM EST)
- Sat 9:00 AM – Social Ride (invite required)
Join the NCC Club on Zwift or select the link in the discussion board/calendar for invite-only rides.