We raced in the volcano tonight, four laps of the clockwise course, with Charlie and I in the B group and Michael racing in the C’s. Both races started out pretty slow, but the B race picked up the pace, with a couple fairly serious attacks early on, which is unusual in a Zwift race. Everything came back together by the end, though, with a field sprint for the finish. I managed 5th, and Charlie was 11th. Michael was in the top half of his field of 15+ starters, but the C fields have been thin on ZwfitPower recently, and he ended up second of only three finishers listed there. Still, you have to take your podiums where you can get them — nice work, Michael!
Week six results:
- Jonathan O’Keeffe (B) – 5 of 15 – 73.3 points
- Michael Bello (C) – 2 of 3 – 66.7 points
- Charlie Bailey (B) – 11 of 15 – 33.3 points
Overall standings after week six:
- Jonathan O’Keeffe (6 races) – 471.1 points
- Michael Bello (5 races) – 266.3 points
- Charlie Bailey (4 races) – 80.0 points
- Zinj Guo (2 races) – 74.4 points
- Melissa Warwick (3 races) – 45.9 points
Here is the NCC Zwift schedule:
- Tuesday 6:00 PM – Time Trial / Hill Climb (invite required)
- Wednesday 8:00 PM – Social Ride (invite required)
- Thursday Evenings – Road Race (times will vary between 5 PM and 7 PM EST)
- Sat 9:00 AM – Social Ride (invite required)
Follow “Michael Bello – NCC” on Zwift for invites to the invite-only rides.
Check the NCC calendar for full details on all events. To learn more about the NCC and Zwift rides, please visit our Zwift page.