For the sixth week of the NCC Zwift Fall Hill Climb/Time Trial Series, we visited Central Park.
This week, our challenge was the Park Perimeter Loop. This 6.1 mile loop includes 413 feet of climbing.
To give a brief summary of the series rules, points are awarded based on the number of competitors and individuals’ overall placing. For example, if there are 19 riders, the person with the best time is awarded 19 points, second gets 18 points all the way down to the last rider, who gets 1 point. At the end of the Zwift series, the rider with the most points will be awarded the NCC Zwift Series title. For time trials, participants must use a time trial bike, which prevents drafting. For hill climbs, participants may choose any type of bike.
Participants may ride any time during the day or participate in the group ride version at 6:00 PM. In the group ride version, we typically warm up together before individually completing the time trial.
It was a fast group this evening. We had four PRs today (Patrick, Henry, Tim, and Melissa). Melissa also extended her NCC QOM for the route.
Congrats to Patrick on his first Zwift TT win. Every second counts in a TT, which was proved by the 5 seconds between Zinj, Tim, and Charlie.
On Discord, conversation during warmup and cool down was focused on NohoCX, which most of us raced or watched this past weekend.
Here are today’s results:
1. Ryan, Patrick; Time: 0:14:22*; 25.4 mph; 8 points
2. O’Keeffe, Jonathan; Time: 0:14:29; 25.1 mph; 7 points
3. van den Broek, Henry; Time: 0:14:35*; 25 mph; 6 points
4. Guo, Zinj; Time: 0:14:51; 24.5 mph; 5 points
5. Downey, Tim; Time: 0:14:52*; 24.5 mph; 4 points
6. Bailey, Charlie; Time: 0:14:56; 24.4 mph; 3 points
7. Warwick, Melissa; Time: 0:15:06*; 24.1 mph; 2 points
8. Bello, Michael; Time: 0:15:52; 23 mph; 1 points
Here are the series standings:
1. O’Keeffe, Jonathan; Event(s) 6; Points: 46
2. Guo, ZInj; Event(s) 6; Points: 41
3. Ryan, Patrick; Event(s) 5; Points: 28
3. Downey, Tim; Event(s) 6; Points: 28
5. Warwick, Melissa; Event(s) 6; Points: 25
6. Bailey, Charlie; Event(s) 5; Points: 17
7. Bello, Michael; Event(s) 6; Points: 14
8. MacDonald, Andy; Event(s) 5; Points: 8.5
9. van den Broek, Henry; Event(s) 1; Points: 6
10. Coleman, Jeremy; Event(s) 1; Points: 2
11. Gaydamovich Grzelazka, Iggy; Event(s) 1; Points: 1
11. Bilodeau, Megan; Event(s) 1; Points: 1
Next week, we will climb Leith Hill in London.
Here is the NCC Zwift schedule:
- Tuesday 6:00 PM – Time Trial / Hill Climb (invite required)
- Wednesday 8:00 PM – Social Ride (invite required)
- Thursday Evenings – Road Race (times will vary between 5 PM and 7 PM EST)
- Sat 9:00 AM – Social Ride (invite required)
Follow “Michael Bello – NCC” on Zwift for invites to the invite-only rides.