We returned to Crit City tonight for eight laps of the “Bell Lap” course. The races are getting pretty big as the weather turns colder, with 50+ riders in both the B and C categories. Charlie and I rode in the B group, and Michael was on his own in the C group. The B race was fast, and seemed to stretch out every lap on the brief descent, which was a bit strange. The group would come back together at the end of the lap, and then stretch out again when we hit the descent again. Charlie hung tough with the front group for six laps before the elastic broke, and he rode in solo after that. Michael was in the second chase group of about ten in his race, and he managed to beat more than half of them in the field sprint. My race got shook up by a guy who took a flyer early in the final lap and almost made it stick. The pace ramped up considerably as the group tried to bring him back, and the finish was a strung-out mess.
Week five results:
- Jonathan O’Keeffe (B) – 8 of 30 – 76.7 points
- Michael Bello (C) – 15 of 32 – 56.3 points
- Charlie Bailey (B) – 28 of 30 – 10.0 points
Overall standings after week five:
- Jonathan O’Keeffe (5 races) – 397.8 points
- Michael Bello (4 races) – 199.6 points
- Zinj Guo (2 races) – 74.4 points
- Charlie Bailey (3 races) – 46.7 points
- Melissa Warwick (3 races) – 45.9 points
Here is the NCC Zwift schedule:
- Tuesday 6:00 PM – Time Trial / Hill Climb (invite required)
- Wednesday 8:00 PM – Social Ride (invite required)
- Thursday Evenings – Road Race (times will vary between 5 PM and 7 PM EST)
- Sat 9:00 AM – Social Ride (invite required)
Follow “Michael Bello – NCC” on Zwift for invites to the invite-only rides.
Check the NCC calendar for full details on all events. To learn more about the NCC and Zwift rides, please visit our Zwift page.