For the fourth week of the NCC Zwift Fall Hill Climb/Time Trial Series, we went to Paris.
This week, the challenge was a two lap time trial of the Champs-Élysées. In total, that was 8.22 miles with an average gradient of 0% (224 feet of climbing).
To give a brief summary of the series rules, points are awarded based on the number of competitors and individuals’ overall placing. For example, if there are 19 riders, the person with the best time is awarded 19 points, second gets 18 points all the way down to the last rider, who gets 1 point. At the end of the Zwift series, the rider with the most points will be awarded the NCC Zwift Series title. For time trials, participants must use a time trial bike, which prevents drafting. For hill climbs, participants may choose any type of bike.
Participants may ride any time during the day or participate in the group ride version at 6:00 PM. In the group ride version, we typically warm up together before individually completing the time trial.
Our eight participants all rode strong times today. The first lap was the better lap for everyone. Jonathan captured the win by only 3 seconds. Just like the outdoor season, Jonathan and Zinj are fighting for the top position.
Congrats to Patrick, Melissa, and Andy for their PRs today. Melissa also extended her NCC QOM for the Champs-Élysées.
There were several entertaining moments in our Discord conversation. Zinj learned what a Jumbo-Tron is, while I learned what a bolero “cycling jacket” is. Why anyone would want a sleeve and shoulder garment is beyond me!
Here are today’s results:
1. O’Keeffe, Jonathan; Time: 0:19:40; Splits: 0:09:46 | 0:09:54; 25.1 mph; 8 points
2. Guo, ZInj; Time: 0:19:43; Splits: 0:09:48 | 0:09:55; 25 mph; 7 points
3. Ryan, Patrick; Time: 0:20:08; Splits: 0:09:54* | 0:10:14; 24.5 mph; 6 points
4. Warwick, Melissa; Time: 0:20:31; Splits: 0:10:06* | 0:10:25; 24 mph; 5 points
5. Downey, Tim; Time: 0:20:58; Splits: 0:10:27 | 0:10:31; 23.5 mph; 4 points
6. Bailey, Charlie; Time: 0:21:08; Splits: 0:10:25 | 0:10:43; 23.3 mph; 3 points
7. Bello, Michael; Time: 0:21:27; Splits: 0:10:25 | 0:11:02; 23 mph; 2 points
8. MacDonald, Andy; Time: 0:22:21; Splits: 0:11:02* | 0:11:19; 22.1 mph; 1 points
Here are the series standings:
1. O’Keeffe, Jonathan; Event(s) 4; Points: 30
2. Guo, ZInj; Event(s) 4; Points: 28
3. Warwick, Melissa; Event(s) 4; Points: 21
4. Downey, Tim; Event(s) 4; Points: 19
5. Ryan, Patrick; Event(s) 3; Points: 13
6. Bello, Michael; Event(s) 4; Points: 9
7. Bailey, Charlie; Event(s) 3; Points: 8
8. MacDonald, Andy; Event(s) 4; Points: 5.5
9. Coleman, Jeremy; Event(s) 1; Points: 2
10. Bilodeau, Megan; Event(s) 1; Points: 1
Next week, we will climb the Volcano KOM in Watopia.
Here is the NCC Zwift schedule:
- Tuesday 6:00 PM – Time Trial / Hill Climb (invite required)
- Wednesday 8:00 PM – Social Ride (invite required)
- Thursday Evenings – Road Race (times will vary between 5 PM and 7 PM EST)
- Sat 9:00 AM – Social Ride (invite required)
Follow “Michael Bello – NCC” on Zwift for invites to the invite-only rides.
Check the NCC calendar for full details on all events. To learn more about the NCC and Zwift rides, please visit our Zwift page.