We had five riders tonight on the Crit City course in the counterclockwise direction (“Bell Lap”). Michael raced in the C category, while Charlie, Melissa, Zinj, and I raced in the Bs. The B race started out pretty easy but then ramped up with some big attacks on lap two that split the field. Zinj and I stayed up front, while Charlie and Melissa were in the first chase group behind us. I started my sprint pretty early and built up a good head of steam, rounding the final corner in first place, but faded at the end and got caught by two riders right at the line to finish third.
Results for week two:
- Jonathan O’Keeffe (B) – 3 of 20 – 90.0 points
- Michael Bello (C) – 15 of 20 – 30.0 points
- Zinj Guo (B) – 15 of 20 – 30.0 points
- Charlie Bailey (B) – 17 of 20 – 20.0 points
- Melissa Warwick (B) – 20 of 20 – 5.5 points
Overall standings after week two:
- Jonathan O’Keeffe (2 races) – 166.5 points
- Michael Bello (2 races) – 86.3 points
- Zinj Guo (1 race) – 30.0 points
- Charlie Bailey (1 race) – 20.0 points
- Melissa Warwick (2 races) – 18.4 points
Thanks to everyone for coming out and racing tonight!
Here is the NCC Zwift schedule:
- Tuesday 6:00 PM – Time Trial / Hill Climb (invite required)
- Wednesday 8:00 PM – Social Ride (invite required)
- Thursday Evenings – Road Race (times will vary between 5 PM and 7 PM EST)
- Sat 9:00 AM – Social Ride (invite required)
Follow “Michael Bello – NCC” on Zwift for invites to the invite-only rides.