We opened up our fall road racing season on Zwift with two laps around the Innsbruckring, a mostly-flat course featuring one short sharp climb each lap — the “Legsnapper” or “Legshaker” or whatever, folks can’t seem to figure out what to call it. We had a fairly thin NCC turnout, with just Jonathan and Melissa in the B group and Michael in the C group, but pretty large fields in-game, with around 30+ riders in each category. The Legsnapper lived up to its name, and broke up the field on each lap. Jonathan stayed with the lead group through the first climb and then fell off on the second, while Melissa and Michael were close behind in the first and second chase groups.
Week one results:
- Jonathan O’Keeffe (B) – 5 of 17 – 76.5 points
- Michael Bello (C) – 8 of 16 – 56.3 points
- Melissa Warwick (B) – 16 of 17 – 12.9 points
Overall standings after week one:
- Jonathan O’Keeffe (1 race) – 76.5 points
- Michael Bello (1 race) – 56.3 points
- Melissa Warwick (1 race) – 12.9 points
Here is the NCC Zwift schedule:
- Tuesday 6:00 PM – Time Trial / Hill Climb (invite required)
- Wednesday 8:00 PM – Social Ride (invite required)
- Thursday Evenings – Road Race (times will vary between 5 PM and 7 PM)
- Sat 9:00 AM – Social Ride (invite required)
Follow “Michael Bello – NCC” on Zwift for invites to the invite-only rides.