And so ends a spectacular time trial and hillclimb season. There were a total of 20 events plus 5 that were canceled (and a few that some folks are still mad at me that I did cancel even though they were able to do them before the bad weather or heat became dangerous – including me, I’m mad at myself that my incredible efforts did not get recorded in the NCC record book!). In spite of COVID, in spite of climate change, in spite of us all being a year older and a year slower, we persisted. 60 riders took part in the 2021 edition. The final TT leaderboard was Carson, Zinj, Jonathan, Melissa and Madeline in that order. The overall TT and HC leaderboard was Zinj, Jonathan, Carson, Melissa and Andy (out on the IR for the last 4 weeks). Great job everyone. These f’ing things are hard, they build character, strength, power, intestinal fortitude and butt callouses but I’m always happy when I’m back home, sipping on a martini, freshly bathed and enjoying a late dinner that my delightful beloved has prepared for me.
Tonight’s final event saw a total of 13 riders – 6 did it at 6 pm and 7 did it at some other time during the day. David Marti was the only PR setter, besting his time by 1:14.
Here is a link to the final 2021 series:
And finally, today’s results:
1. David Marti; Time: 21:03; 26.22 mph; 13 points
2. Zinj Guo; Time: 22:14; 24.83 mph; 12 points
3. Jonathan O’Keeffe; Time: 22:42; 24.32 mph; 11 points
4. Joe Lellman; Time: 22:50; 24.18 mph; 10 points
5. Carson Poe; Time: 22:59; 24.02 mph; 9 points
6. Mike Hempstead; Time: 23:06; 23.9 mph; 8 points
7. Melissa Warwick; Time: 23:59; 23.02 mph; 7 points
8. Madeline Nagy; Time: 24:31; 22.52 mph; 6 points
9. Roger Stawasz; Time: 24:38; 22.41 mph; 5 points
10. David Goodwin; Time: 25:13; 21.89 mph; 4 points
11. Henry Wheaton; Time: 25:51; 21.35 mph; 3 points
12. Eric Winkler; Time: 27:23; 20.16 mph; 2 points
13. Cindy White; Time: 27:40; 19.95 mph; 1 points
Thanks to everyone who showed up. Maybe we should devote our Tuesdays from next week until next March or April to something other than cycling. Wait a minute! What am I thinking? That’s just stupid – it’s cross season!