We had a sweet night for a hillclimb, warm and a light breeze but dry! Nine of us met at 6 pm and did the race as a group while three others did the course at some other time during the day. We had a nice surprise visit by Westhampton resident Jeremy D and a superb win for newcomer Ben Weinberg. Cindy was lamenting the fact that she needed a faster bike so she could be a hero to generations of little kids in her email to me. Always highly entertaining! Melissa, continuing to set a new PR whenever she races, bested her previous time by 2:52 while Zinj shaved 9 seconds off his.
I visited Andy this morning and I know a lot of you are interested in his progress. He spent 4 nights at Baystate and got home Friday night. His injuries are extensive as most of you know – broken collarbone, 10 broken ribs (3 of which had multiple breaks), tons of road rash (a fair amount on his face), massive bruising and an ugly hematoma which luckily he didn’t show me. I might have fainted. His only stiches were for a nasty gash on his lip. Oh yeah, and a collapsed lung. Am I missing anything??? A bunch of folks have asked me his age and I guessed late 40’s or early 50’s. Wrong! Dang, this guy is only 4 years younger than me and I’m 66. Impressive! Anyway, his healing process is proceeding nicely and he has a super positive attitude which I think is helping a lot. He’s sad to miss out on some big events coming up but is looking forward to getting back on his bike and kicking our asses again soon.
Here is a link to the series so far:
And finally, today’s results:
1. Ben Weinberg; Time: 21:30; 16.16 mph; 12 points
2. Jeremy Durrin; Time: 21:32; 16.13 mph; 11 points
3. Ben Winter; Time: 21:45; 15.97 mph; 10 points
4. Zinj Guo; Time: 22:50; 15.21 mph; 9 points
5. Jonathan O’Keeffe; Time: 23:15; 14.94 mph; 8 points
6. Melissa Warwick; Time: 23:26; 14.83 mph; 7 points
7. David Goodwin; Time: 24:09; 14.39 mph; 6 points
8. Joe Lellman; Time: 24:10; 14.38 mph; 5 points
9. Madeline Nagy; Time: 25:47; 13.47 mph; 4 points
10. Cindy White; Time: 28:06; 12.36 mph; 3 points
11. Henry Wheaton; Time: 28:58; 11.99 mph; 2 points
12. Roger Stawasz; Time: 30:06; 11.54 mph; 1 points
Next Tuesday is the Deerfield Time Trial, which starts and ends on River Road in Deerfield.