As we await the start of the NCC Zwift Fall Hill Climb/Time Trial series in a few weeks, five of us tried a Zwift Crit.
This week, Charlie, Jonathan, Melissa, Zinj, and I entered the B category. The race started with 50 riders.
Each lap was 1.2 miles around Zwift’s Crit City. In total, the race was 9.6 miles.
Everyone was in the lead group through the first few laps. My sensors dropped in the 3rd lap and I could not get them back. Not my night, but I was racing up a division. Melissa and Charlie were with the pack until around lap seven. Zinj flew in the final lap. Jonathan finished fourth overall.
Here are today’s NCC Times from ZwiftPower:
4. Jonathan O’Keeffe 20:38; 3.9 w/kg (314)
20. Zinj Guo; 20:42; 4.0 w/kg (260w) (not in ZwiftPower results)
21. Charlie Bailey; 21:52; 3.6 w/kg (254w)
28. Melissa Warwick; 23:13; 3.8 w/kg (221w)
DNF. Michael Bello; DNF
Here is the NCC Zwift schedule:
– Mon 6:30 PM – Road Race (Follow Jonathan O’Keeffe on Zwift for invite)
– Tue 8:00 PM – Social Ride (Follow Michael Bello on Zwift for invite)
– Thu 5:30 PM – Time Trial / Hill Climb (solo effort, TT bike required – Follow Michael Bello on Zwift for invite)
– Sat 9:00 AM – Social Ride (weather dependent – Follow Michael Bello on Zwift for invite)