Tonight we rode New York’s “Everything Bagel” course, one lap covering pretty much all of the roads in New York, with Melissa, Charlie, Michael, and myself.
Michael put in a big dig right off the bat on the first climb up to the KOM, and got a healthy lead, but we reeled him in by the time we got to the top, and he fell off on the rollers following the descent. Melissa, Charlie, and I stayed mostly together for about ten miles after that. I was throwing in a bunch of little attacks to try to catch Charlie off guard, but he learned his lesson last week, and covered every move.
I finally managed to open a little gap on the East Harlem climb about two-thirds of the way through. Charlie dropped Melissa (who was still recovering from a bad flu last week) at that point, and everyone was solo after that to the finish.
1. Jonathan O’Keeffe – 4 points
2. Charlie Bailey – 3 points
3. Melissa Warwick – 2 points
4. Michael Bello – 1 point
Series standings after five races:
- Jonathan O’Keeffe (5 races) – 16.5 points
- Melissa Warwick (4 races) – 7.5 points
- Michael Bello (4 races) – 6 points
- Jamie Parr (1 race) – 4.5 points
- Kevin Weinman (1 race) – 3 points
- Charlie Bailey (3 races) – 5 points