For the fourth event in the NCC Zwift Summer Hill Climb/Time Trial series, we head to England. The 2019 UCI Worlds Harrogate Circuit is 8.58 miles with an average gradient of 0%. That said, there is 787 feet of climbing, which makes it a challenging route!
In the group ride, we had five participants. On Discord, we all used the video chat option. It was nice seeing each other.
Charlie (-70 seconds compared to the Spring series), Melissa (-40 seconds compared to the Spring series), Michael (-11 seconds compared to the Spring series), and Teddy all broke their PRs for the course. Once again, Melissa improved her NCC QOM for the route.
Here are today’s results:
Place, Name, Time, Speed, Points
1. O’Keeffe, Jonathan; Time: 21:39; 23.8 mph; 6 points
2. Weinman, Kevin; Time: 21:41; 23.8 mph; 5 points
3. Blake, Teddy; Time: 21:44; 23.7 mph; 4 points*
4. Bailey, Charlie; Time: 23:18; 22.1 mph; 3 points*
5. Warwick, Melissa; Time: 23:35; 21.8 mph; 2 points*
6. Bello, Michael; Time: 23:36; 21.8 mph; 1 points*
Here are the series standings:
Place, Name, Events, Points
1. O’Keeffe, Jonathan; Event(s) 4; Points: 23
2. Blake, Teddy; Event(s) 4; Points: 22
3. Weinman, Kevin; Event(s) 4; Points: 16
4. Bailey, Charlie; Event(s) 4; Points: 14
5. Warwick, Melissa; Event(s) 4; Points: 8
6. Bello, Michael; Event(s) 4; Points: 7
7. Wilson, Donna; Event(s) 1; Points: 1
Next week, we will do a Hill Climb. Details will be posted in a few days.
Tuesday nights at 8 PM (regardless of the weather) and Saturday mornings at 9 AM (if the weather is bad) are the planned NCC Zwift group rides. I attempt to change the route up each time.