Today was the inaugural event in the NCC Zwift Hill Climb/Time Trial Series.
In the group ride, we had eight participants. After about four miles of relatively easy riding and conversation on Discord, we ascended Box Hill in London. The chatting stopped at that point, but resumed after we reached the top. To prevent drafting, we all used Time Trial bikes. Chris and Kevin created their own Meetups (https://zwiftinsider.com/companion-3-13/) so they could join the fun.
Box Hill is 1.87 miles with an average gradient of 4%.
There were some great times in tonight’s event. Several people got PRs for Box Hill.
Here are the standing for Week 1 and overall:
Place; Name; Time; Speed; Points
1. Niesen, Chris; Time: 06:48; 16.5 mph; 10 points
2. O’Keefe, Jonathan; Time: 07:00; 16 mph; 9 points
3. Weinman, Kevin; Time: 07:23; 15.2 mph; 8 points
4. Pazmany, Andrew; Time: 07:27; 15.1 mph; 7 points
5. Hildebrand, David; Time: 07:35; 14.8 mph; 6 points
6. Donahue, Al; Time: 07:49; 14.4 mph; 5 points
7. Bailey, Charlie; Time: 08:05; 13.9 mph; 4 points
8. Warwick, Melissa; Time: 08:31; 13.2 mph; 3 points
9. Coleman, Jeremy; Time: 08:50; 12.7 mph; 2 points
10. Bello, Michael; Time: 08:51; 12.7 mph; 1 points
Next week, we will do a Time Trial (Tempus Fugit in Watopia – https://www.strava.com/segments/20350088). Look for the invitation next week.