The Berkshire Highlands Pentathlon features many of the best outdoor adventures in our area.
The five events:
1) 4.2 mile road/trail run with trail shoes, trax, or snow shoes to Zoar Outdoor
2) 20 miles of mostly flat (4-m loops) road biking ending up at the Zoar Gap Picnic Area put in.
3) 5 miles of kayaking down river on the Deerfield ( PFD, HELMET, AND APPROPRIATE CLOTHING REQUIRED)
4) A Navy Seals Bone Frog Challenge obstacle 1.82 mile run includes running half way up and down the Mountain.
5) A hill climb to the summit of Berkshire East with a downhill ski/board to the finish. Athlete must carry their own gear up and down.
These events can only happen on the same day at the turn of the seasons. It may be a bit cold for road biking and kayaking, and a bit warm for skiing,and running. We love it!
NEW for 2014 – Team Challenge Cup Awards
CORPORATE – Mixed Tartan Team of 2,3,4,or 5 Traveling Award
COLLEGIATE – Mixed Tartan Team of 2,3,4 or 5 Traveling Award
HIGH SCHOOL – Mixed Tartan Team of 2,3,4 or 5 Traveling Award U-19
View more information…